Frequently Asked Questions
We constantly get asked questions about our services, amenities and rental community. We have listed the most frequent questions below, simply click on the question to view the answer. Feel free to Contact Us if you have any other specific questions about RiverPlace.
Are Utilities included in the Rent?
- Rent includes water, sewer & trash removal. Residents pay cable and their separately-metered gas (heat & hot water) and electricity.
What is the Pet Policy?
- One dog (</= 50 lbs) or two dogs (</= 20 lbs each) , fully grown weight per household. All dogs must be spayed/neutered. The following breeds are absolutely prohibited: Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, Bull Terrier (aka pit bull terrier), and German Shepherd.
- Up to two spayed/neutered cats per household.
- One spayed/neutered cat and one </= 50 lb, spayed/neutered, dog per household.
- Tropical fish limited to a 20-gallon tank.
- Two small birds per apartment, such as lovebirds, canaries, or parakeets.
Pet Deposits and Fees:
Pet Deposit: $500.00 due at signing of Pet Agreement. The Deposit is refundable when the pet moves out provided that the pet owner has conformed to the terms of the Pet Agreement and there has been no pet damage to the apartment.
Monthly Pet Fees:
$50.00 per month for one dog.
$75.00 per month for two dogs.
$75.00 per month for one dog and one cat
$25.00 per month per cat (up to 2)
Do you have Washers & Dryers?
- Each apartment has a full size washer and dryer in it
Are there Elevators?
- Each building has an elevator
What is the Parking Situation?
- All leases come with 2 parking spaces in the open lot. Covered parking is available for an additional fee.
What is the length of the Lease?
- Leases are for a 12 month term
How much is the Security Deposit?
- The security deposit is equal to one month's rent and is payable at move-in. We do not collect a last month's rent deposit.
How do I Apply/Qualify for an Apartment?
- See the Application page for the RiverPlace Qualification Standards and Procedures.
Do you allow Smoking?
- No, RiverPlace is a non-smoking property. There is only one location on site where smoking is permitted and that is in a remote parking area.
Is there extra Storage available?
- Yes, each building has storage cages available for $25/month/unit.
Is there I place I can store a Bicycle?
- Bicycles can be stored in the bike racks in the Portside building, in a rented storage cage, or in a rented carport.
Is there a Membership Fee for use of the Gym, Pool or Tennis Court?
- No - these are free to all Residents.
Are there established "Quiet Hours"?
- Yes, from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
What is the South Portland Neighborhood Like?
- Aside from being surround by beautiful waterfront scenes, the South Portland neighborhood features a number of excellent restaurants, the Maine Mall, and several grade schools.
Where would my children go to School?
- Small Elementary School, Mahoney Middle School, and South Portland High School.
Is it possible to launch and store a Kayak at RiverPlace?
- Yes, residents with kayaks can launch at our waterfront dock at high tide. Kayak racks are provided at the Clubhouse for boat storage.
How close are you to Portland?
- We are just across the Fore River and are about a 5 minute drive over the Casco Bay Bridge to downtown Portland, The Old Port and other great areas on interest.